Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mistakes and screw ups...Better learn from them

If you are not sure about something ...LOOK IT UP...before you send your manuscript off to a publisher.
I just did an article on "Ghost Writing" instead of "Ghostwriting" and sent it off....Sigh!

I was going to look up if it is supposed to be one word or two before I finished and forgot. I just looked it up and have seen it both ways but the overwhelming majority has it as one word.

Hopefully the editor won't reject it out of hand. I think it is a really good article for the magazine I sent it to. If they reject it I will send it to a non-paying magazine that I like and have been wanting to get into.

As I said learn from every screw up you make and you will make less and less over time.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment